The FLACS-Fire module adds jet and pool fire modelling capabilities to the 3D CFD explosion and dispersion modelling software tool FLACS.
FLACS-Fire builds on the solid foundation of the explosion and dispersion CFD model and adds a fire specific combustion model and advanced Discrete Transfer Method (DTM) to model thermal radiation. It has been extensively validated against data, and based on this work we have established clear and robust user guidelines to get accurate results in a very efficient work flow.
Applications for FLACS-Fire
- Passive fire protection optimization (PFP)
- Flare studies
- Escape route impairment: Heat, smoke, toxic, visibility
- Vessel heat up modelling*
- Risk based fire modelling*
- Fire and smoke detection*
- Accident investigation
- Visualization hazards awareness and training
* Requires post-processing
Main Features of FLACS-Fire:
- Full 3D CFD and radiation ray tracing model
- Suitable for both high and low momentum flow jet-fires and pool fires
- Extensively validated with focus on high momentum jet-fires
- Same efficient GUI, result visualization tool and CAD import as in standard FLACS
- Very intuitive and easy to use interface
- Existing dispersion scenarios can quickly be converted to jet-fire scenarios
- Existing FLACS geometry can be used
- Supports both Windows and Linux
- Three levels of accuracy and detail is available: CFD + DMT (most accurate), CFD + 6 flux or Solid flame model + DMT (for screening).
Functionality of FLACS-Fire
- Pool fires, non-coupled model
- Two radiation models available: DTM (default and most accurate) or 6-Flux (fast, effective for smoke analysis)
- Accurate and efficient transient modelling of combustion and heat radiation in complex geometries
- Includes Solid flame model for quick screening simulations
- Validation cases: Jet-fires, flash fires, pool fires compartment fires
- Validation output parameters: Gas temperature, flame shape, velocities, radiative and total heat flux, and toxic, soot and smoke concentrations.
Contact us for a Demo of FLACS